As a Staff Data Visualization Engineer you will develop innovative data visualization solutions to support our internal data & analytics team. This team ingests, preps, and publishes core data sets across the various business functions (Marketing, Sales, Deal Desk, Professional Services, Customer Success, Core Finance, FP&A, etc.). The Staff Data Visualization Engineer will partner with data engineers, data scientists, and key end users to help deliver re-useable reporting solutions.
Although we are implementing a self-service model, our journey requires a talented visualization engineer who can help jump-start the end users into building meaningful, easy-to-understand reports.
· Helping superusers accelerate through learning curves
· Creating 'starter kits' for certain data types
· Providing guidance/standards on when to use specific charts
· Building advanced dashboards for executive-level views of the entire business
· Acting as the lead visualization expert in the Data & Analytics team (teach your peers as well as our internal customers) The ultimate intent is to provide a digital thread of our business, from Lead to Opportunity to Quote to Order to Fulfill to Revenue Recognition to Financial Reporting. Beyond this scope as our solutions progress, we'll need to move from basic descriptive analytics into predictive (and eventually prescriptive) analytic solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science or Information Systems;
· 2+ years experience of design & development of data centric applications leveraging data from enterprise data warehouses.
· GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· 2+ years experience developing reports and visualizations (out of box and custom) using Tableau Desktop (10.2+)
· Classroom or real-world experience with other reporting tools (PowerBI, Qlikview, Spotfire)
· Detailed understanding of Tableau administration and configurations (superuser-level knowledge, not admin)
· Experience in various querying languages (SQL, PL/SQL, HQL, etc.)
· In-depth understanding in 1 or more core business processes – Lead to Order (Marketing, Sales), Order to Cash (Sales, Fulfillment, Accounts Receivable), Record to Report (General Ledger to 10k/10q statement), etc.
· Delivers results when working on shorter-term (weeks-months), outcome-focused service engagements
· Leverages knowledge about competitors, trends, and changing regulations across the broad environment to bring new ideas to the team
· Articulates the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development Leadership:
· Uses teamwork skills to understand vision, achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Identifies individual differences
· Informs engineering and other stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary
· Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.