GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
The Staff Data Scientist will work in teams addressing statistical, machine learning and data understanding problems in a commercial technology and consultancy development environment. In this role, they will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Staff Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In the role of Staff Data Scientist, you will:
· Work with customers to capture data and analytics requirements
· Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities
· Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services
· Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics
· Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods
· Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics
· Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes
· Communicate methods, findings, and hypotheses with stakeholders
· Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 3 years of experience in analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial and/or industrial setting)
· Master’s Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university
· Ph.D. in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited college or university
· Demonstrated skill in data management methods
· Demonstrated skill in feature extraction and realtime analytics development and deployment
· Demonstrated skill in prescriptive analytics and analytic prototyping
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.