The Data Engineering team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making flights safer, power cheaper, and oil & gas production safer for people and the environment by leveraging data and analytics. The Lead Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
The Staff Data Engineer will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization. Be Proficient in at least one data modality (e.g., text, numeric, image), conversant in more than one. Proficient in multiple ETL /MDM tools. Implement Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities. Demonstrate proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.). Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements. Look across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems. Identify downstream implications of data loads/migration (e.g., data quality, regulatory, etc.).
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with significant experience as data engineer or the same knowledge or experience.
· Relevant experience of using Hadoop ecosystem, Map-Reduce, Spark, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.), Cassandra is required.
· Relevant experience of using Scripting (Pig, Python, Perl, etc.) is required.
· Relevant experience with Core Java, Java WebServices development SOAP, REST APIs.
· Relevant experience of working on Database(s), SQL is required.
· Delivers results when working on shorter-term (weeks-months), outcome-focused service engagements.
· Leverages knowledge about competitors, trends, and changing regulations across the broad environment to bring new ideas to the team.
· Articulates the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development.
· Uses teamwork skills to understand vision, achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Identifies individual differences.
· Informs engineering and other stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary.
· Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .