As Staff Software Agile Leader, your primary focus is optimizing software development systems. Coach peers in the effectiveness execution of agile techniques. Effectively coach the complete value stream of a program. Coach an organization on managing their portfolio of projects using Agile Portfolio Management concepts.
· Effectively coach organizations on effective Agile practices at scale including Agile Portfolio Management and multi-team programs (i.e. SAFe).
· Be able to coach a program on mapping and managing the complete value stream of a program.
Influence: Programs and Portfolio Management. Fundamentals: Extreme Programming, Value Stream Mapping
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 5 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree
with 3 years of experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job .
· Must be willing to work out of the Buckhead office.
· Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
· Drives accountability and adoption. Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design. Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program.
· Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
· Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
· Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
· Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
· Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
· Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
· Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
· Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by lawGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.