Full Stack Developer/Technologist
Description de l'offre
The Global Supply Chain Manufacturing Systems Software Developer will be responsible for working in conjunction with Transportation’s software development teams to design, create, enhance, and support custom written software used throughout Transportation’s manufacturing shops. Some of this software was featured in several national news media segments highlighting Transportation’s Brilliant Factory Showcase sites located in Grove City, PA.
In this role, you will be part of a software development team that applies the agile methodology to deliver high quality software used by the shop floor and plant management to run the daily operations. With that, this role is unique in that you will sit near your stakeholder and use synergy and collaboration to develop a beneficial solution while gaining real-time feedback of the product. This role is for the individual who enjoys working in the full-stack development space. You will leverage and further your coding skills, use contemporary developer tools which includes collaboration tools, and become highly skilled at working within cloud hosted environments.
· Successful candidate will work within the Global Supply Chain Brilliant Factory and MES IT Team
· Collaborate regularly with a variety of IT professionals as well as functional & engineering resources to develop, document, test, and translate functional enhancement requests into appropriate software functionality
· Develop software using Agile methodology and rigor
· Support manufacturing software solution used by manufacturing sites
· Develop front end visualization software as well as back end CRUD functions and API’s as needed
· Write DB queries to present data to Brilliant Factory visualization as well as provide specific data sets for special needs
· Willing and able to provide effective technical user training and documentation to groups ranging from data consumers (i.e. Engineers, etc.) through shop floor data operations teams
· Develop project estimations by establishing priority, timeline, and dependencies to meet overall project objectives; Provide user story effort estimations
· Mentor and train Junior Developers on how to apply coding techniques, develop standards
· Lead contractors, interns, and other resources in the development of software
· Establish the delivery rhythms and standard development tools and operational processes for a newly forming development team
· Execute on multiple small and medium sized projects as assigned in a cross-functional environment
· Provide support for manufacturing software solution used within global manufacturing sites
· Lead contractors, interns, and other resources in the development of software
· Bachelor’s Degree in Design or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
of 7 years of professional experience in web/front-end app development
· Basic understanding of server-side language (e.g. Python, Java, PHP, etc.)
· Stated willingness and ability to learn NodeJS environment
· Proven basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
· Basic understanding of APIs, Databases, and an awareness of Front-End Frameworks (e.g. Angular, Ember, React, etc.)
· Proven basic knowledge of NGINX Eligibility Requirements:
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Grove City, PA
· Stated willingness to work non-standard business hours to support major initiatives or break/fix issues
· Provide 24x7 on-call operational support for all critical application and infrastructure components
· Willingness to wear required Personal Protective Equipment
· Willingness to work on a Manufacturing shop floor when required
to travel to customer sites as needed <10%
This role will afford the successful candidate the opportunity to gain an understanding in manufacturing processes especially as they pertain to collecting, storing, visualizing, and ultimately using the data from shop floor systems. The ability to understand and facilitate functional & technical discussions around this intersection and translate them into actionable user stories with real benefits will be a critical element of this role.
Further breakdown of the role responsibilities include:
Proficient experience architecting, developing, and supporting applications written using the following technologies:
· PL/SQL (stored procedures)
· RESTful web services
· SPA/MPA web apps (mobile/desktop)
· Microservices architecture
· Serverless applications Provide experienced staff level input on application architecture, design, implementation, support, and product roadmap. Ensure key software characteristics are maintained:
· Extensibility Partner with product owners, functional leadership and system end-users to collect and prioritize requirements, including the following:
· New components/features
· Minor enhancements
· Bug/break fixes Implement required application and infrastructure changes at all levels in the tech stack, including data acquisition, storage/caching, retrieval, and presentation
· Ensure quality code is written and test cases are maintained
· Ensure the highest levels of data integrity and system performance
· Minimum of 1 year of experience writing software within NodeJS and using Microsoft SLQ Server
· Experience with Proficy Plant Applications and Proficy Historian
· Knowledge of MES and ERP / MRP systems
· Strong oral and written skills
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Effective team player
· Strategic and clear thinking to translate discrete and complex ideas to business-driven results
· Detail orientation with a strong drive to enforce common standards
· Green or Black Belt Certified (GE Employees Only)
· Service Now
· New Relic
· GE Historian
· GE Plant Applications
· AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, SNS, DynamoDB, API GW, CloudWatch, CloudFormation)
AtGE Transportation , we are in the business of
realizing potential. We are a global technology leader and supplier of equipment, services and solutions to the rail,
mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our innovations help customers deliver goods and services
with greater speed and savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques and connected machines. Our digital
solutions , which provide data-driven insights to improve efficiency, utilize Predix – GE’s cloud-based operating
system for the Industrial Internet. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General
Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE
Transportation today and is strengthened by our ability to serve customers more holistically through the GE Store – a
global exchange of knowledge, technology and tools across all GE businesses that ultimately provides better
outcomes for customers. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 10,000
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.