Sr UX Design Researcher
Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital
As a Sr. UX Researcher, you will contribute to the understanding of our customers and the users of our products. You understand and champion the importance of research to the design process and act as an active member of the user experience team. As a UX Researcher you will execute on multiple small to medium sized projects as an individual contributor with a focus on user research
In the role of Sr UX Design Researcher, you will:
· Contribute to the discovery, execution, analysis, and synthesis of user research
· Advocate for user research and help champion buy in from stakeholders and businesses
· Participate in discussions and activities related to current research projects
· Contribute to effective documentation of research and testing including notes, photos, video and resulting analysis
· Begin to lead evaluation of current and emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
· Display mastery of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors; or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math); or 9+ years equivalent experience.
· 5+ years professional experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
· 2 years professional experience with Master’s Degree.
· Travel ~20% of the time
· Work out of an office located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
· Leads and recommends both short- and long-term research activities, contributing to the creation of a research plan
· Conducts qualitative and quantitative research activities such as ethnographic studies and usability studies
· Creates and communicates research artifacts, findings, reports, and recommendations with stakeholder
· Participates in planning of research topics and usability tests and contributes to the analysis and synthesis of research findings
· Contributes to management of usage analytics and Voice of the Customer solutions, mining usage data, and communicating findings to stakeholders
· High attention to detail; extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
· Deep knowledge of research tools such as Morae Observer, Camtasia, Axure, InVision, and Omniture
· Knows key cross-functional concepts that impact the company, business priorities, & organizational dynamics
· Keeps current on industry landscape and brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry trends to internal vision.
· Joins and participates in industry associations and conferences
· Explain to various stakeholders through the design thinking process to frame a project and creates artifacts to facilitate shared understanding of business benefit
· Understands key principles of design thinking and research, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source
· Identifies new project opportunities based on design thinking principles and prior outcomes
· Understands that designing, validating, developing and deploying products and services for infrastructure-level domains requires attention to complexities between systems
· Translates user-centered design requirements into technical implementations for projects. Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
· Keeps participants focused on task and end process. Guides participation to include all present; solicits information about absent stakeholders
· Expresses technology options to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely suggesting design technologies and clearly articulates the rationale and benefit of design technology choices
· Understands the value of a rigorous and transparent decision-making process
· Works with cross-functional teams and cross-business teams and assist in driving broad-reaching solutions across the function / business
· Influences change through others and begins to set a vision for future change; evangelizes the practice of interaction design to GE business leaders
· Understands the skills necessary for contributing to constructive conversations utilizing active listening and validating the information needs of stakeholders and users
· Demonstrates a deep passion for learning and courage to push the boundaries of one’s own thinking
· Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain
· Demonstrates the ability to connect, extract information, and communicate with customer groups
· Asks questions appropriate to translating an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions
· Pilots new ideas and processes that have not been utilized before
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.