As a Sr. Technical Project Manager in Digital Engineering Solutions, you will be part of Engineering Solutions for Aviation Additive team working with Aviation Additive Engineering and Manufacturing functional groups to ensure high performance of Aviation Additive Design and Manufacturing platforms to meet the needs of the business. The role will be responsible for leading global development team to implement the solutions to improve Aviation Additive Data management processes.
In this role, you will:
· Work with Aviation Additive engineering and manufacturing team to evaluate current Aviation Additive product definition data and manufacturing artifacts data management processes, identify the process improvement opportunities and agree on the process improvement MVP scopes and timelines.
· Work with Aviation Additive engineering and manufacturing to understand current machine and process monitoring data storage needs and timelines.
· Apply Agile principles to translate requirements into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
· Lead global development team and collaborate with Build and Release teams, subject matter experts to implement the solutions, which meet quality standards and functional requirements, through applying Agile Methodology
· Demonstrate increasing understanding of product and project management
· Communicate MVP status with Aviation Additive team
· Manage the risks and dependencies associated with MVP implementation
· Triage/debug production issues (Data, Code, Performance, Security, etc.), identify root cause and corrective actions
· Document user manuals and provide training
· Bachelor's Degree in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience
Additional Eligibility Requirement
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Evendale, Ohio
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
· Experience in using the Jira or Rally tool to manage requirements processes
· Experience in customer engagement to facilitate requirements
· Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
· Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
· Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
· Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
· Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
· Effectively manages risk and uncertainty
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
· Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
· Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
· Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
· Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.