Houston, Open to all remote location.
Digital Power Generation Oil & Gas
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Sr Staff Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will collaborate with internal corporate development teams, pre-sales technical teams and commercial sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales. The focus of this position is to serve the Oil&Gas Asset Performance Management (APM) business.
· Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs;
· Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates;
· Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level;
· Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem-solving ability across the landscape;
· Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions;
· Provide deep software/hardware technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design;
· Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally (and build a community) to train, mentor, guide through new solution architecture framework;
· Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions;
· Interface with engineering and product management teams to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities;
· Evangelize GE APM technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest;
· Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated;
· Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders.
· Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 10 years of professional experience.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Deep expertise with APM solutions, as end user, as consultant, technical pre-sales support or implementation projects;
· Relevant experience with enterprise APM solutions and Predictive Analytics (for advanced condition-based maintenance).
· Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred;
· Relevant industry professional certification is a plus;
· Background in continuous improvement techniques (lean, six-sigma, reliability engineering, total productive maintenance);
· Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skill set in assigned vertical (Oil & Gas and other asset intensive industries);
· Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success;
· Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels;
· Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand;
· Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends - go beyond the status quo;
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.