This role will operate in lock-step with business process lean leaders to create a clear strategic direction and Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) solution for GE Aviation Engines - Order Management and Billing. Using deep Oracle EBS knowledge and hands-on experience, this role will maximize the fit of EBS out of the box features to modernized and re-engineered business processes and convey that vision to the ERP software engineering scrum teams, utilizing agile methods and tools.
· Contributes to overall Oracle EBS business solutions working across teams, benchmarking with other GE businesses and external organizations, to deliver impactful business outcomes
· Leads and coordinates the order management and billing domain technical and business discussions relative to business priorities, resulting in a robust solution design supporting standard work that enables successful user adoption and desired business outcomes
· Analyzes, designs and develops a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
· Demonstrates expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
· Engages frequently with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
· Owns and manages the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
· regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
· Demonstrates superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
· Demonstrates superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization gain the competitive edge
· conformity to financial and operational standards and practices
· Mentor junior team members; provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in IT, including at least 5 years’ experience in Oracle eBusiness Suite functional experience in order management, billing and discrete manufacturing
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· A broad understanding of Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) projects, procurement, and discrete manufacturing; plus in-depth/hands-on experience in order management and billing in large industrial, discrete manufacturing environments
· Corporate Audit Staff graduate and/or a minimum of 3 years of experience in Commercial, Order Management, Business finance and Finance IT / ERP Finance
· Prior experience with government contract flowdown requirements from design/demand through make/buy, shipment, billing and accounts receivable
· Fit-gap experience with Oracle EBS and demonstrated success architecting a solution to achieve desired business outcomes
· Hands-on configuration experience and thorough understanding various EBS module setups and of the relationships and required setups between/across modules and organizations
· Proficiency with SQL, Agile (Rally), Oracle EBS tools and support processes
· Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
· Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome
· Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making
· Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning
· Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information
· Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable
· Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE
· Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.