GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Headquarters
In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of application operations and end user support. You will be a key member of the BHGE IT EPM team providing leadership to BHGE & contract team members in resolving issues and maintaining process stability. You will support critical financial closing and reporting using HFM, Planning, Essbase, FDMEE, ODI and Atomic tools. And you will own compliance commitments for BHGE EPM applications including Sox, user audits and controls.
· Proactively drive the prioritization and resource planning of IT work to support business objectives and key initiatives for Controllership & FP&A
· Act as the central escalation point for EPM critical application outages & incidents
· Primary support for BHGE EPM close processes including managing 24x7 coverage for critical processes
· Lead and work alongside BHGE Functional team & Shared Service support and development personnel
· Shows deep understanding of key HFM, Essbase & Planning functionalities during design and build phase based upon client requirements, including: intercompany eliminations, chart of accounts design, metadata hierarchies, design/build, reporting, attribute definition, data grid design/build, database administration, etc.
· Proactively drive the prioritization and resource planning of IT work to support business objectives and key initiatives for Controllership & FP&A.
· Partner with functional finance organizations to define requirements, establish plans and execute accordingly
· Establish communication rhythm for close status with functional, ERP IT and EPM IT operational personnel
· Partner with business & regional leaders to understand and ensure EPM RTS SLAs are met
· Work closely with multiple application teams to communicate status, establish appropriate automation and monitoring capabilities as well as disaster recovery and failover capabilities
· Keep abreast of new tools and technologies while taking part in the evaluation and recommendations for new or enhanced capabilities that could improve current platforms
· Develop technical standards, documentation and knowledge transfer for operational support including the coordination of knowledge transfer to other team members including off-shore support staff
· Complete root cause analysis of defects and implement controls to mitigate repetitive issues
· Drive adherence to Financial & IT Compliance Enterprise Standards
· Promote the company culture by encouraging open communication, teamwork and living of the BHGE Beliefs
· Participate and deliver all security and SoX compliance deliverable for scoped BHGE applications including HPA audits, SoX controls & evidence & TOEs
· Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-Business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness
· Working with EPM application team and Infrastructure support on the provisioning of security groups and classes to the various EPM applications
· Assist audit with compliance testing of EPM applications, especially provided guidance to audit team when required
· Administrator of support workflows in SupportCentral, both for user support and internal application change requests
· Liaison between IT Infrastructure support and EPM application team. Activities include coordination of application copies between environments, sending notifications to users for planned and unplanned system outages
· Assisting rest of BHGE Application Support team during close with user support and other close-related activities
· Overseeing and monitoring user support tickets and following up with support team members on open tickets
· Service Now asset application (CI) owner of the BHGE EPM assets, responsibilities include approval of change management tickets, maintenance of Ci and audit requests
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Finance or other technical related fields (OR a minimum 10 years of relevant work experience)
· Minimum 10 years of experience in Information Technology delivering high impact technology solutions
· Minimum 7 years of experience with Hyperion system 9 and/or 11 experience, specifically HFM and FDMEE
· Minimum 5 years of experience with Essbase and/or Planning tools
· Minimum 3 years of experience with FDMEE / ODI / Atomic or similar integration technology
· Minimum 3 years of experience in IT Operations or Support role working or similar experience working with end users
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston Texas
· Familiarity working with Oracle DRM / DRG metadata tools
· Familiarity working in a shared services environment supporting a large, geographically distributed user base. Including managing security requests and reviewing access levels.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to drive continuous improvement using Fast Works and Lean Six Sigma tools
· Incident Management / Problem Management
· Knowledge of financial systems, financial close cycles and associated processes
· Experience in strategic planning for technology establishing vision & strategy for technology platform
· Experience with resource and support coverage planning
· Strong knowledge of FDMEE mapping and metadata loading is a plus
· Desired expertise in Hyperion Planning and Essbase
· Experience with Atomic scheduling
· Self-starter – requires minimal direction to accomplish goals
· Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of customers, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape solutions
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines for financial close where uptime is critical
· Proven experience working in environments with on-shore and off-shore multinational team members
· Hyperion application experience with: HFM, Essbase, Planning, FDMEE, DRM
· Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions
· Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
· Sarbanes Oxley (SoX) experience
· Black Belt or Green Belt Certified (GE Employees Only)
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.