The web developer will be a critical part of the team that develops and supports GE POWER’s commercial application portfolio. This role will be responsible for working closely with solutions architects and functional teams to provide software that meet the needs of the business.
As a Web Developer, you will:
· Write code that is human readable and supports new business processes;
· Fix, improve and monitor internal commercial applications following the agile methodology;
· Develop unit and functional tests on the new and existing functionality;
· Ensure that all solutions are efficient and scalable;
· Troubleshoot development, testing and production environments;
· Provide technical expertise on integration with multiple heterogenic systems;
· Optimize migration and integration activities following a DevOps model;
· Understand, create, query and manipulate SQL and NoSQL databases;
· Develop web services using REST and SOAP;
· Experiment and research the latest technologies and tools including open source technologies, 3rd party tools, Big Data tools, etc. to support business needs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
· Minimum 3+ years of professional software development experience in Java;
· Minimum 2+ years working with databases like Oracle / MySQL / PostgreSQL
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Knowledge of Java and experience with Spring Boot / JEE / Hibernate / Microservices;
· Solid object-oriented analysis and design skills and design patterns;
· Practical experience in modern software development methods (BDD, TDD, code reviews);
· Knowledge of at least one new front-end framework (Angular/Polymer) or advance level for jQuery;
· Database scripting experience with SQL for Postgres and experience with MongoDB syntax;
· Advanced knowledge of XML, XSL, XPath;
· Experience with CRM / CPQ / ERP systems highly appreciated;
· Knowledge of Linux / Unix Operating systems and one or more scripting languages (e.g. bash, perl, python);
· Quick learner and willing to keep up-to-date knowledge;
· Experience in process automation, communication and system integration application is a big plus;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team;
· Experience with Maven and/or other build tools;
· Significant experience with one or more of the following: GIT, GitHub, SVN;
· Self-motivated individual that can work in a fast paced, performance and quality driven environment;
· Certifications with Oracle, Salesforce or Scrum alliance highly desirable.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.