Description de l'offre
Our software engineers work with GE engineers & customers to design new programs, write code, work with QA, and support existing software. We do full-stack software development, from front-end desktop & web applications to cloud-hosted APIs to back-end services. We try to get better at what we do with regular code reviews, information sharing & technical development. Everyone is expected to be self-motivated & work without constant supervision. Our projects are done in small multi skilled groups
• Design, implement, and maintain software on the Microsoft and Predix platforms
• Work with engineers and customers to determine product requirements and functionality
• Drive design reviews, performance enhancements, and reliability enhancements
• Show substantial technical leadership in day-to-day operation of the group
• As needed, serve as technical lead and project manager on medium-sized projects
• Perform unit testing and work with QA department for interactive and automated testing
• Participate and show leadership in customer support and troubleshooting
• Participate in product planning
• Provide technical mentoring of other programmers
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• BS degree plus 6 years of experience, or Master’s plus 4 years of experience or PhD degree plus 2 years of experience. Experience must be programming in a variety of languages.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• If GEIQ employee, must be an Engineer 2 (PB) or Engineer 3 (LPB)
• Able to legally work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future for this job.
• Strong history of taking initiative and accomplishing things without explicit direction
• Web development experience (client- or server-side)
• Experience with SQL server (or other relational databases)
• Experience with scripting using Powershell or some other scripting language
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
• Experience in leading technical discussions
• Familiarity with non-C-family languages (e.g. Lisp) is a plus
• Interest in hobby/personal programming projects
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.