Corporate CoreTech & Cyber
Responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant STEM discipline plus 4 years of relevant, professional work experience, or High School Diploma plus 8 years of relevant, professional work experience.
GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Proficient in Java (or another JVM-based language such as Kotlin) and OOP and design patterns
• Experience designing enterprise RESTful Web Services
• Understanding of architectural concepts such as microservices and separation of concerns
• Understanding of best practices, clean code, and code reviews
• Experience using development frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Data JPA, and/or Hibernate
• Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Relational Databases such as Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle
• Experience with database migration tools such as Flyway
• Experience with Unit Testing frameworks such as Junit, or Mockito
• Experience using behavior driven or test driven development
• Experience with development tools such as Git or Maven
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
AtGE , developing people is embedded in our culture and integral
to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve
sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for
our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the
future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed
to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that
education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues
with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development,
enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates
global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing
people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow
both personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).