Description de l'offre
Wauwatosa, Chicago, Van Buren Township
Healthcare Digital Technology
Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin
As a Sr Software Engineer for GE Healthcare Enterprise Cloud Operations team, you will be working on multiple initiatives as a hands-on DevOps software engineer. In this role you will focus on automated DevOps release management for next generation application development, infrastructure and on-going operations. You will also strive to bring continuous improvement to processes and tools to support business outcomes.
In this role, you will:
• Define and assess objective baseline standards for GE Healthcare Enterprise Cloud Operations automation and tools.
• Create a fully automated CI/CD process for multiple products and services.
• Develop relevant automation solutions and custom modules.
• Troubleshoot automation issues and find solutions.
• Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected outcomes.
• Maintain and improve our existing and future cloud infrastructure and applications.
• Write scripts to customize tool set build, deployment and maintenance tasks.
• Ensure development and application teams have the right automated release pipeline to include: build process, environment configuration, testing, deployments and operational metrics/debugging information.
• Write and update technical documentation such as manuals, system design/architecture documentation and training materials.
• Work with Enterprise Cloud Operations to define DevOps processes.
• Implement, promote & maintain automation to assist application teams with architecture optimization.
• Identify and support software refactoring opportunities to improve resiliency, scalability & efficiency.
• Develop peer, cross-functional relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Support a DevOps team (24x7 accessibility for emergency issues on a rotating basis)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of technical experience.
• GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Legal authorization to work in the country of the GE location is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Must be willing to travel 10%
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Wauwatosa WI, Van Buren MI, or Chicago IL
• 3+ years experience in tooling, CI/CD and builds
• 3+ years Application Development experience
• Strong experience in Bash, PowerShell, Perl and Python.
• Proven experience with CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Jira, Travis.
• Experience with Linux (RedHat, Oracle Linux, CentOS).
• Experience with Databases: MS-SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, Redis
• Experience with containers such as Docker and Kubernetes and orchestration of web services.
• Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible
• Experience with AWS functionality and services.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Extreme Programming environment.
• Works collaboratively at enterprise level to remain current, relevant, and influential with regard to the suitability of technologies for a wide variety of technical challenges.
• Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
• Ability to explain issues and resolutions to technical and non-technical staff.
• Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
• Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to business goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
• Participates in engineering initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
• Willingness to work on a fast paced team with a “low ego/high performance” culture.
• Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for individual results and others through team spirit.
• Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
• Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
• Desire to continuously learn, grow, develop new skillsets, and work with new technologies.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.