Sr Manager - Software Engineering
Description de l'offre
Digital Platform & Industrial Applications
You will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will Lead design discussion in a limited manner.
In this role, you will:
· Provide hands-on management for the common analytics framework team
· Work with development staff to implement and monitor services
· Assist in developing standards consistent with cloud compliance requirements
· Develop and deliver configuration and deployment automation required for improving the performance, availability, and manageability of our cloud services
· Troubleshoot and remedy availability/performance issues
· Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
· Participate in an on-call rotation that will include development staff
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in software engineering OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience in software engineering OR PhD with 5 years of experience in software engineering.
· Minimum 1 year of experience in an engineering leadership / management role
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills
· Must be willing to travel 15%
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
· Minimum of 4 years’ direct experience working with cloud production environments
· Experience building systems based on cloud technology in AWS, GCE, and/or Rackspace environments
· Experience building scalable Web applications
· Experience working with Big Data Analytics applications
· Experience with container technologies
· Demonstrated coding skills, preferably in Python, Ruby, and/or Java
· Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
· Experience working with High Availability and Fault Tolerant architectures
· Familiarity Relational and NoSQL databases
· Experience working with Monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite
· Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems and shell scripting
· Well-developed analytical skills
· A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Familiar with Agile methodologies
· Experience working with AWS DevOps Automation and Programming Tools
· Experience implementing Cloud-bases Access Management Services
· Experience working in a PAAS environment
· Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices)
· Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative
· Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence
· Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization
· Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure
· Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information
· Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable
· Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.