Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
You will be responsible for providing “best-in-class” customer support for GE Digital’s Asset Performance Management (APM). You will be expected to leverage new technologies and analytics to continuously improve the customer experience. This position will be responsible for both working directly with customers, as well as providing technical leadership and mentoring to support engineers on the team to help develop their domain expertise and execution.
In this role, you will:
· Research, troubleshoot and lead resolution of issues involving all aspects of customer-facing solutions, including (but not limited to) user interface, product functionality, application performance, data collection/storage, analytics, and customer data
· Review end-to-end customer support processes to proactively identify gaps and prioritize/execute IT process improvements that increase customer satisfaction and contribute to overall customer success
· Interface directly with customers to triage application-related issues and drive prompt resolution by working with cross-functional business teams
· Provide timely, proactive communications to stakeholders on significant issues and developments
· Develop and report on metrics, including operational metrics, case statistics, and customer surveys
· Serve as the single point of contact for the customer via verbal and written communication
· Adhere to all processes and methodology for Knowledge Centered Support and create knowledge content
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Information Technology OR Master’s degree with 3 years of experience
· A minimum of 3 years in Customer Support and Service
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Must be willing to travel
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, TX
· Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
· Ability to manage to aggressive deadlines while staying true to strategic outcomes
· Ability to understand and communicate complex business, and technical issues clearly and accurately
· Outstanding project management skills; demonstrated ability to motivate colleagues and deliver on-time and on-budget
· Ability to translate vision/mission into actionable, quantitative plans
· Ability to work with varying levels of internal stakeholders and external vendors
· Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently on projects
· Sharp eye for detail
· Highly collaborative, team-oriented individual
· Positive, enthusiastic and confident attitude
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.