Japan, Korea, Republic of, Singapore
The Sr. Analytics Engineer role addresses complex business problems by developing and deploying robust statistical, machine learning, semantics analysis and AI based solutions deriving new insights from large datasets. He/she will partner closely with regional business team and stakeholders to analyze, design and deliver outcome-driven solutions to enable horizontal business productivity and success.
• Conduct exploratory data analysis using descriptive statistics and other methods and generate visual summaries of data and outcomes
• Work with GE’s Big Data platform as well as external datasets; also extract, transform, and aggregate all incoming data with a mission of discovering hidden insights, which in turn can provide GE Power Services business with the competitive advantage as well as address critical business problems
• Work with internal business team and stakeholders to capture data and analytics requirements; effectively collaborate and communicate findings; translate insights into business outcomes
• Work in a technical environment to develop and deploy diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive models
• Use the best-of-bread statistical and machine learning software technologies such as Python, R, Stata and focus on building predictive and perspective models
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
• 5+ years of solid programming experience in Python or R, Java or PHP
• 4+ years of experience in at least two of these frameworks Pandas, SK-Learn, Keras, TensorFlow
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in data cleansing, data mining, text analytics, and data wrangling
• 2+ years of experience with advanced analytics techniques (e.g., decision tree, logistic regression, hierarchical regression, neural network, random forest, etc.)
• Experience of using Hadoop, Map-Reduce, NoSQL (HBase, MongoDB etc.), ETL, (Talend is a plus)
• Good communication skills and teamwork spirit. Willing to learn and adapt quickly
• Familiarity with enterprise business applications and business process/data flow is a plus
• Academic education on Machine Learning is a plus
• Demonstrates knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) & the levers that support the business goals
• Offers data solutions as a method to achieve business objectives
• Understands basic functionality and interoperability of product modules / components
• Does a comparison analysis of trends, implements action towards new direction/ trend
• Articulates the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The regional Analytics Team is primarily responsible for delivering cutting-edge advanced analytics solutions that offer actionable insights and have extremely positive impact on GE Power Services business across APAC. As a Sr. Analytics Engineer, you will be a part of a cross-disciplinary team with broad-ranging skills from Enterprise Solution Strategists, AI & Advanced Analytics Specialists, Digital Transformation Evangelists to Software Engineers and Product Managers; all working on exciting projects, typically involving large internal, external and proprietary datasets catering for real-world business problems.
Korea, Republic of