Description de l'offre
Aviation Supply Chain
This Sourcing Black Belt role will identify, drive and execute projects related to cost out, cash generation, inventory reduction and delivery. Additionally, the role of Sourcing Black Belt will work cross-functionally and across all Sourcing commodities to achieve and deliver results.
The Sourcing Black Belt will:
· Identify, lead & influence projects focused on cost out, cash generation, inventory reduction and improved delivery
· Identify solutions to increase Sourcing productivity and simplification of internal processes
· Partner with stakeholders to determine initiatives and define problems
· Leverage best practices and proven tools / methods to execute projects
· Develop communication plans and proactively communicate priorities, progress, status and issues to relevant champions (SPB / EB / SEB-level Leaders) in a clear and succinct way
· Work cross-functionally and cross-commodities to maximize desired outcomes
Additionally, the Sourcing Black Belt may also:
· Own sourcing specific ERPs, processes and tools
· Review and improve processes
· Work on special initiatives
· Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
· Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
· Work together with high level people from the business at SPB and EB level
· Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
· Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
· Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
· Advise Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures within own field
· Contribute to project as a team member or leads small projects
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing operations, supply chain project mangement, or sourcing project experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to influence others and lead small teams
· Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options.Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.