Transportation Digital Solutions
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and/or feature set. You will contribute to your immediate team and to other teams across the business. You will also contribute to design discussions, troubleshooting, and application maintenance.
· Work within a Scrum team to translate requirements/vision into a prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
· Apply principles of Lean/Agile methodologies like Scrum/Kanban/XP/SAFe to organize personal effort and deliver customer value
· Proactively share information both within immediate team and across the software engineering organization with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
· Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
· Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
· Work with the Operations Research and Advanced Analytics team on refining core algorithms and effectively implementing them into product using software engineering best practices
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a “STEM” Major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience OR Master’s degree with 2 years of experience in Software Engineering
· GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Experience developing scalable enterprise applications (Java, Spring Boot, RESTful Web services, RabbitMQ)
· Experience developing with SQL and building relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQL Server)
· Experience with modern development and deployment tooling (IntelliJ, Git, Maven, Artifactory)
· Experience with test-driven development
· Experience implementing complex algorithms as high-performing, modular software functionality
· Experience developing and maintaining applications employing a microservices-based architecture
· Experience with software development on public and/or private cloud infrastructures (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Red Hat OpenShift)
· Experience with Container and Application PaaS (Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry)
· Experience with application monitoring and analytics (ELK stack, New Relic)
· A passion for DevOps and experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI)
· Experience working on software projects in the Transportation domain
· Experience applying software engineering practices to efficiently implement mathematical methods and algorithms in software solutions
· Ability to analyze algorithms and improve computational performance by applying appropriate data structures and heuristics
· Familiarity with, and experience implementing, solutions in at least one optimization area: e.g. graph algorithms, network optimization, dynamic programming, mixed integer linear programming, metaheuristics
· Experience with using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large or complex data sets
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.