The Software Engineer has responsibilities extending to the design and development of software within the P&L.
· Working closely with systems and product management teams in requirements gathering and software design
· Designing and developing software systems under the technical design framework
· Interacting with global teams to promote consistency and maximize synergies across common software platforms
· Designing and building strong testing infrastructure to improve testing coverage and the overall reliability of the product
· Operating in Agile team environment, leveraging expertise to support team members, and contributing to the success of the team
· Leveraging DFR for software, Agile and Lean software development methodologies to drive reliability upstream into the product development life cycle
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 2 years of professional experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this position.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in Chicago, IL
· Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer field
· Experience in software platform, advanced applications, user-interface design and/or systems engineering
· Experience in developing applications for cloud deployment
· Experience in platform and application development
· Team leadership experience
· Experience in healthcare IT technologies like HL7, DICOM and XDS
· Demonstrated knowledge of Quality, Tools and/or LEAN processes
· Experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products
· Expertise in frameworks and technologies like Spring and hibernate
· Expertise in coding standards, design patterns and other software engineering practices
· Experience in various standard / open source containers and application frameworks
· Experience database design, writing SQL queries and optimizing them in Databases like Sybase & MS SQL Server
· Working knowledge in configuration management tools like git, perforce or clearcase
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.