Aviation Digital Solutions
The Software Engineer will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management.
· Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
· Awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
· Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
· Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
· Understands performance parameters and can assess application performance.
· Understands core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice. Is eager to pair and learn.
· Understands the importance of test-driven development and high-quality output.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 1 year of professional experience
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination
products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality.
If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for
growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the
globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).