Responsible for advanced Power Systems Application software development and successful delivery of assigned functions to meet corporate project/product commitments. The responsibilities include: working with Electric Utilities or ISOs (Independent System Operators) and Transmission and Distribution System Operators on functional software specifications, designing, coding, testing, integration, application tuning and delivery.
• Act as a member in Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high-quality design and development practices. Implement new functionalities in power system application software which includes EMS/DMS (Energy/Distribution Management System), DTS (Dispatcher Training Simulator) and Modeling (EMS/DMS/DTS/Oil and Gas) applications.
• Provide maintenance of power systems application functionality; including code fixes, documentation, and user interfaces.
• Collaborate with system/project engineers, front-end developers and Energy Management System (EMS) and Distribution Management System (DMS) application developers to implement solutions that are aligned with product direction.
• Consult with other technical leads to ensure that project-related system design guidelines are being followed. Responsible for writing EMS Functional Software Designs.
• Provide input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates.
• Interface with customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
• Provide marketing support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Power Systems plus at least three (3) years development or project delivery experience in related field
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Power Systems
• Work and/or academic experience in the power systems area.
• Excellent programming skills in C++, Java or other related language. Knowledge of Perl, PowerShell and/or Python scripting languages.
• Excellent knowledge of assigned technical area and a strong understanding of the EMS and/or DMS software.
• Good understanding of power systems and/or energy management systems with focus on transmission Network Applications like State Estimation, Contingency Analysis, Optimal Power Flow or Dispatcher training Simulator.
• Good understanding of power systems and/or energy management systems with focus on Distribution Network Applications like Power flow, Fault Location, Isolation and Service Restoration, Load and Volt Var Management and Distribution Operator training Simulator.
• Knowledge and experience with electric utility industry practices
• Strong knowledge of customer perspective and needs.
• Proven software design skills at the application and technical area level.
• Ability to see integration issues and to preclude schedule impacts.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentation to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• A high degree of personal and professional integrity.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to travel and work at customer site, based on the project demands.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com