GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Services
In the role of Shop Foreman, you will:
· Develop and mentor service personnel
· Drive world-class quality and adherence to API specs for down-hole pumps
· Assist in day-to-day operations as directed by the manager
· Be responsible for leading and assigning pump tech team job assignments, labor productivity and overtime management
· Be responsible for entering pump sheets and entering quotes in SAP, train and implement SAP usage
· Take customer orders and answer customer calls
· Repair and refurbish reciprocating pumps
· Perform warehouse related duties
· Ensure compliance with all company safety regulations and company policies and foster positive safety culture
· Reorder inventory parts and supplies
· High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution (OR 6 years experience in
servicing down-hole rod pumps, in lieu of education)
· Minimum 2 years of experience in servicing down-hole rod pumps
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned /
leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your
· Computer skills
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
· Demonstrated and effective problem solver
· Experience in the industry
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.