Power Grid Solutions
In this role, you will work closely with customers understand and define requirements, develop technical proposals, and set expectations for complex EMS projects. You will act as an individual contributor on these engagements, contributing to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise system.
· Provide expert knowledge and experience to estimate the technical effort required to implement complex EMS solutions.
· Contribute to high level technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements.
· Contribute to the definition of EMS solution architectures and development of detailed design specifications.
· Contribute to the implementation of EMS solutions utilizing the GEIP Proficy Software Suite. Own technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects. Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, participating in decisions on architecture, design, and functionality to keep programs on track in terms of budget, time, and customer expectations.
· Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions.
· Interact with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required for the solution.
· Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive team member, supporting pre-sale strategy, services consulting efforts, and project execution
· Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge.
· Work independently as well as part of the team.
· Build, verify, deploy SCADA EMS databases
· Migrations, conversions of existing databases
· Close collaboration with project team (project manager, technical manager) and customer
· Participation in FAT\\SAT tests with project team and customer
· Ability to work with partial information
· Internal\\External trainings
· Power Engineering/Electrical Engineering studies or equivalent experience
· At least 3 years of experience in administration, programming or support of SCADA Systems, RDBMS's
· Good knowledge of SCADA architecture for Power Systems
· Good knowledge of Database structure of SCADA for Power Systems
· Exposure or basic experience with relational databases (Oracle\\SQL)
· Hands on experience with hierarchical databases (preferably in SCADA Power Systems)
· Exposure to Batch files, PL\\SQL scripting is a plus
· Knowledge of CIM standard is a plus
· Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills
· Problem solving oriented and committed to meet the deadlines
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with minimal supervision
· Capable of working in a global development environment
· Willing to travel
· French is a plus
· Experience with holding trainings
· Strong exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, scheduling, and interface to ERP systems
· Software skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture
· Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools and C# programming would be a plus
· Experience with various types of manufacturing including, engineer to order, make to stock, and make to order processes for both discrete and process industries
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.