Services Software Engineer
Description de l'offre
Power Grid Solutions
The Services Engineer performs project engineering assignments, including , hardware, systems integration, and custom development in support of customer. This is a project engineering role with advance power system development and deployment focus.
As the Services Engineer, you will:
· Power system development and deployment
· Deliver DMS / OMS systems, integrating applications for customers
· Performs assigned system integration and testing tasks
· Contribute to design of subsystems and integration of total system
· Completes tasks in diagnosing and fixing systems and applications problems
· Complete project, system documentation, and internal testing
· Be responsible for documentation, reports on tasks, and development work assigned by lead engineer
· Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates
· Collaborate and liaison with engineers across the global delivery organization
· Interface with customer on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise
· Conduct technical review of application designs and work with the application areas to ensure that project requirements are met
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent from an accredited university or college
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in design, integration and/or DMS / OMS
· Minimum of 1 year of work experience using languages (i.e., C++ or C# and Python)
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
· Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time, both domestically and internationally
· Ability and willingness to occasionally work non-standard hours to accommodate business needs
· Master’s Degree, Computer Science, or equivalent from an accredited university or college
· Strong transmission or distribution power system, outage management system applications exposure
· Knowledge of renewable energy integration, distributed energy resource management (DERMS), and scenario based simulations
· Power system utility work experience, specifically related to control room technology
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Work experience writing professional and technical reports and procedures
· Ability to make informal presentations to technical and non-technical staff and customers
· Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
· Ability to work effectively, collaborate and share knowledge in a team environment
· Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with -defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging . Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.