Greater Boston area
Massachusetts, New Hampshire
In this supervisory role as Production Team Lead, you will be critical to GEHC Life Sciences' ability to leverage the combined knowledge, talent, and resources of the organization to manufacture innovative products and solutions that help our customers achieve their goals. Provide leadership and support for the implementation, development and direction of production teams.
• Lead the production teams to deliver all customer commitments in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner.
• Coach and develop the production teams to accelerate and support cultural change efforts to achieve organizational goals.
• Work cross functionally to problem solve and overcome daily production challenges, while also continuously driving improvements to labor efficiency and workforce capability.
• Track and report all functional area metrics such as labor hour consumption, work order completion, inventory accuracy, labor efficiency, production capacity and customer complaints.
• Support team to meet or exceed established standards, leading Compliance, Quality as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals.
• Drive LEAN manufacturing implementation, ensuring production team’s engagement and true bottom line results.
• Develop and manage operational budget for their functional area. Implement business unit objectives and manufacturing department goals in each functional area.
1. Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years production, supply chain experience or leadership or High School diploma/GED and 5 years production or supply chain experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to deal with high levels of uncertainty and multiple priorities under tight deadlines
3. Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams.
4. Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• MBA or Masters, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Corporate training program graduate (manufacturing / operations / engineering)
• Prior supervisory / leadership experience in a manufacturing team-based environment is preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Lean and Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement Best Practices
• Demonstrated ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
GE Healthcare Life Sciences www.corporate.gehealthcare.com There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.