Production Supervision Manager
Description de l'offre
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
The Manufacturing Team Leader will demonstrate leadership by supervising and coaching an electronics production workforce. This includes leading daily operations to meet or exceed goals in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and customer satisfaction.
As the Manufacturing Team Leader, you will: Manage shop operation to reach defined targets in safety, quality, delivery and cost
· Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards
· Lead a team of hourly employees
· Plan routine and non-routine activities for the shop operation.
Additionally, as Manufacturing Team Leader, you will:
· Coordinate and provide technical, quality and production leadership to assigned Cells / Teams to meet quality, schedule and cost goals
· A strong foundation in problem solving and continuous improvement is required on a daily basis
· Provide on-going support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
· Assist Supply Chain Leaders with overall shop operations decision making in areas of process improvement and/or production to make appropriate resource decisions (manpower, machines, methods)
· Support process improvement initiatives to reduce cycle time, improve inventory turns and reduce manufacturing losses
· Direct the activities of an hourly team within the cell(s) and participate in cell / team activities to meet identified goals
· Perform administrative duties to support the business including : timecards, labor vouchers, self-audits, absence reviews, and missing time corrections, etc.
· Provide coaching and counseling of employees regarding individual performance and development needs
· Practice sound human relations and communications skills to motivate the assigned work force
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
· Minimum of 3 years of management experience
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred
· Strong analytical skills
· Prior supervisory / leadership experience in a manufacturing team-based environment is preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing / operations / engineering) is preferred (GE employees only)
· Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
· Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
· Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Leadership Program Graduate (OMLP, JOLP, Edison)
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
In addition to the intriguing professional challenges and rewards that GE Aviation can offer, the warm weather & natural beauty of Clearwater is simply above & beyond that of most residential areas. Our incredible beaches & parks are universally renowned for their scenic, postcard-perfect quality, and provide an abundance of recreational options for those who love the wind and water. With a populace of more than 108,000, Clearwater is located almost due west of Tampa on the Gulf side. Residents enjoy attractive local restaurants, clubs, world-class museums, theaters, wonderful golf courses, shopping and more. Annual events include the Imagine International Film Festival, Wild Splash, Fun N Sun Festival, Clearwater Celebrates America, Clearwater Jazz Holiday, Hispanic Heritage Festival, and the Ford Ironman World Championship. Though small enough to maintain a pleasant, gentle pace, this wonderful city is considered part of the Tampa Bay metropolitan area, which has an aggregate population of approximately 2.7 million. Residents are thus in close proximity to a wide variety of nightlife, professional sporting events, and cultural attractions. These include Adventure Island, Busch Gardens-Tampa Bay, the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, The Florida Aquarium, Florida Botanical Gardens, Florida International Museum, Gulf Coast Art Museum, Moccasin Lake Nature Park, and the Museum of Science and Industry. There are several institutions of higher learning within driving distance: Clearwater Christian College, Florida Metropolitan University, Pinellas Technical Education Center, St. Petersburg College, the University of Central Florida, the University of Florida, and the University of South Florida. A wide variety of housing options means that there is truly something for everyone, & we enjoy a low cost of living, because Florida does not charge its residents state income tax. Beaches, family attractions, sunsets and more.Come to GE Aviation in Clearwater, Florida, and see what it's like to live and work on cloud nine!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/gecareers
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. a href=Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.