GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
The R2R Finance Europe team is in charge to provide support mainly related to the regular activities related to the closing of the books of GE’s affiliates across countries in Europe. Services scope include preparatory and closing activities in areas like Compensation & Benefit, Treasury, Commercial, Supply Chain, Other Asset and Liabilities, Cash&Banking, Payments, Closing & Reporting and Intercompany.
· Preparation and analysis of schedules used in reported financial statements for statutory, managerial or SEC requirements, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of reported balances
· Provide support on various R2R related projects (e.g. simplification, system changes, new policies implementation).
· Provide operational R2R support in Global Operations Finance Europe
· Consolidate balances for ledgers in Europe
· Financial analysis of balance sheet accounts and review of related business processes
· Co-ordination with business Finance stakeholders on closing activities and financial reporting routines
· Development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes that impact the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis.
· Support the annual pre-close reviews.
· Execute financial processes as designed, including identification of exceptions requiring escalation.
· Leverages process metrics to identify and correct transaction errors and/or control deficiencies.
· Identifies simplification and process improvement opportunities
· Monitor effectiveness of specific internal controls, including tests of effectiveness and design
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field or equivalent knowledge or work experience
· Significant accounting experience
· Basic understanding of US GAAP, GE GAP, Statutory, and GE procedural policies and is able to apply these in practice.
· Has a working knowledge of the financial statements accrual accounting. for recognition of an asset (future economic benefit) or a liability (probable and estimable
· Working knowledge of financial processes and linkage to financial statements.
· Able to interpret and apply standard operating procedures around financial processes and controls
· Understands key flows of Finance information required for the business and the related IT systems that manage it.
· Capable of forging strong relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues and work effectively with others
· Proven analytical skills
· Highly organised with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in English language; a second European language is a big advantage
· Skilled Excel knowledge
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us atGE Renewable Energy .
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .