Aviation Supply Chain
The Materials Planning & Execution Specialist will coordinate and expedite the flow of materials to / from vendors for specialty processes according to production schedules. This individual will also plan and schedule material / production needs and will utilize an understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures.
· Manage master planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs
· Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs
· Optimize inventory and process improvements
· Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
· Work together with people from the business unit
· Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues
· Communicate with direct team and supervisor
· Present to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
· 1-3 years' experience in supply chain (materials, purchasing, fulfillment, etc.)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Ability to work independently
· Strong problem solving skills
· MRP / ERP experience preferred (e.g., Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, etc.)
· MS Office knowledge
· Lean / Six Sigma experience preferred
· Ability to effectively communicate at a variety of levels within an organization
Unison Engine Components is located in Asheville, NC. We are a leading supplier of close tolerance, complex, rotating, thin wall aero-engine components from premium grade materials. Products include disks, shafts, forward outer seals, cooling plates, blade-retainers, rotating air seals and heat shields. With over 50 years of experience, we have earned a reputation for the highest quality. We use cutting-edge techniques, such as abrasive flow process, shot peening, abrasive waterjet cutting and dual plane balancing to enhance efficiency and minimize costs.Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.