Aviation Supply Chain
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, In Process Quality engineer is responsible for the quality aspects and takes care to provide best quality at the customer end
• In process inspection of Bogie Frame – NDT Inspection of fabricated frame as per specification, and customer requirements.
• Carrying out NDT inspection and recording the results as per the spec for future refence and capturing the Quality KPI’s.
• Review and analyzing the Quality outcomes of the welded parts as per the approved NDT procedures, plans, specifications along with manufacturing engineer and to incorporate the requirements into the manufacturing drawings or procedures.
• Maintain notes, drawings and other documentation (like Test results, calibration certificates, list of instruments, Manufacturing Instruction) for future reference and proper maintenance.
• Work closely with the cross functional team for supporting the welder qualification process to ensure that all the manufacturing requirements are fulfilled.
• Identify the root cause of repetitive non-conforming defects and support to fix the process to improve the Quality of the welding.
• Pre-Dispatch Inspection activities - Ensure inspection of all Lots before Dispatch. To ensure quality of Inspection. To ensure control of NC Products. To ensure identification / implementation of counter measure action for any defecting line Quality problems.
• Interpret the results of all methods of non-destructive testing (NDT) such as leak, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, radiographic, thermal or infrared, ultrasonic and visual testing.
• To support Calibration activity of all Measuring and testing instruments at in-house and sub-contracting.
• Actively involved in Implementing daily work management and PDCA (Plan Do Check Act).
1. Education: Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile/Industrial Engineering.
2. Certified EN ISO 9712 NDT Inspector in Level 2 Category, Who has completed training in authorized Training Institutes.
1. Expert in checking soundness of welded joints in line product as per in-process Quality NDT procedures, for the fabrication and machined parts.
2. Skilled in min 2 Supplementary NDT methods Examine structures or vehicles such as trains, using non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques.
3. Welding knowledge is must and allied in process Quality activities.
4. Prepare reports based on non-destructive testing (NDT) results Quality Format.
5. Knowledgeable of standard practices and procedures as per EN-15085, EN-17640, EN-17638 is must.
6. Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate across levels and within a complex matrix
8. Candidate shall have clear understanding of Environment Health & Safety in Manufacturing environment as well as Technical Regulations applicable to the industry.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com