GE Gas Power
Gas Power Engineering
GE Power provides a broad array of power generation, energy delivery, and water process technologies
to solve your challenges locally. We work in several areas of the energy industry, including renewable
resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels, and coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear
energy. We also develop advanced technologies to help solve some of the world’s most complex
challenges related to water availability and quality.
· The main focus area is development & maintenance of standalone tools for thermo-economic optimization of full or limited scope of power plants
· Generating new algorithms for Advanced Plant Optimization tool in order to explore new features in combined cycle power plants
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, energy technology or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Solid understanding of thermodynamics
· Proficiency in programming with MATLAB and C++, background in Linux, efficient skills in VBA macros
· Fluent in English (oral and written)
· High level of motivation and high level of communication skills
Start Date: Internship: September 2020, MSc thesis: based on agreement during the internship
Duration: Internship: 6 months , MSc thesis: based on agreement during the internship
If you have any further requests, please contact Thomas Plattner, at thomas.plattner@gecom.
We look forward to receiving your online application.
At GE's Gas Power, we're pushing the boundaries of what's possible within gas power generation to help our customers achieve the right balance between power plant performance and environmental sustainability. Our world-class portfolio of gas power systems and services utilizes the centuries of experience and has expanded across the entire plant