Description de l'offre
Ho Chi Minh
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Engineer - Mechanical Component is an exciting and fast paced position within the Vietnam Engineering Center. This position requires highly motivated and creative individuals who are comfortable working on both short and long-term assignments aimed at developing new designs, improving existing designs, supporting requisition activities, and resolving field issues
This is also a competent individual capable of undertaking design, validation & verification activities on Oil & Gas equipment typically pressure containing and/or load bearing in nature, meeting internal & external engineering competence standards as defined further in this document.
1. Mechanical Engineering Design
Professional engineer, undertaking mechanical engineering activities from initial customer requirements and developing them into design specifications, verifying the design and then converting them into manufacturing specifications and operating specifications.
2. Identifying and Assessing Hazards and Specifying Actions to Control Risks to People and Environment.
Identifying, assessing and taking actions to mitigate those risks to people, plant and the environment because of the engineering activities. In undertaking these assessments, it is important to ensure lessons learned are well communicated and reflected in the design activities.
3. Develop, Specify and Agree Deliverables for Engineering Activities
To ensure all necessary engineering deliverables are identified to satisfy the contractual and third-party requirements for the work, the Engineer will be responsible for interpreting the customer and regulatory requirements, assessing the factors that will affect the outcome of the engineering activities and finally defining the engineering deliverables.
4. Planning Engineering Activities
Establishing the planning process through to the development of a schedule & prioritization for all assigned engineering duties & activities.
5. Obtain Resources for Engineering
Ensure that assigned work is executed according to the necessary standard and schedule within budgets for duties and activities assigned.
6. Implementation of Engineering Activities
Ensure that the engineering activities are implemented from the initial definition of customer requirements, planning the works through to the final handover to the client. This will include:
• Monitoring, coordinating and controlling the activities
• Complying with regulatory requirements
• Coordinating, controlling and communicating costs
• Ensuring health safety and environmental risk control are paramount.
• Ensuring quality and quality plans are maintained.
• Controlling handover and close out of the work.
7. Be ready to fulfill abroad assignments to other BHGE sites to support company business.
8. Comply with company policies on HSE, Integrity & Compliance.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. Minimum of 3 years of Oil & Gas engineering experience.
3. Understand and able to apply Health, Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements for this industry.
4. Understand and able to apply Oil & Gas related engineering standards.
5. Experience of materials, including welding and heat treatment of metals and elastomers.
6. Awareness of industry standards and codes for area of work.
7. Able to apply design process methodologies.
1. 5-10 years relevant experience in the industry
2. Capability to sufficiently manage, review and provide consultancy to full engineering cycle.
3. Desirable product knowledge of: Subsea equipment such as Xmas Tree, Manifold, Connection systems, and subsea intervention tools.
4. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
5. Experience performing Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
6. Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, CreO/ProE and TeamCenter.
7. Knowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (such as related API, ASME, etc.)
8. Understands general material types, coating types, welding, manufacturing techniques, corrosion protection, and NDE.
9. Ability to work in a team environment on short or long-term projects
10. Ability to handle multi-tasks and work under high pressure environment.
11. Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
12. Strong presentation skills.
1. Ability to work as part of a flexible team,
2. Ability to adapt to new technical challenges on a daily basis.
3. Confidence to present to leaders and peers.
4. Ability to have confidence in technical output when challenged.
5. Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
6. Able to work with minimal supervision.
7. Eagerness to learn new things every day.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Ho Chi Minh
Ho Chi Minh