Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Working within the Dowty Propellers Customer Services team, you will be engaged in a wide variety of activities relating to customer contract management, pricing and associated business processes and activities. You will be responsible for both civil and military platforms and will perform a variety of tasks across the product lines.
· You will work with Dowty’s Global Customers to ensure that all repairs are managed to contract specifications and that customers are aware of the relevant pricing.
· You will work with our Dowty Repair facilities to provide a premier service for all repairs and parts ordered, are managed on time through the shop in an efficient and timely manner, expediting where necessary.
· You will assist customers through our invoicing process, ensuring that quotes are sent, and payment receive in a timely manner.
· You will produce and investigate both customer and shop KPI’s to drive process improvement and customer behaviour.
· Support the wider commercial team and engage in other business activities to help the Dowty and its customers.
· On call cover on out of hours where required to ensure our customers aircraft are not grounded for longer than 24hrs.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business-related subject or relevant commercial understanding.
· You must have excellent communication skills in order to build relationships both with your customers and internal stakeholders.
· Proficiency in the use of MS packages including excel.
· Working off site up to a maximum of one day a week at RAF Brize Norton.
· Must be able to travel abroad, expectation is around once per year.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
· Ability to prioritize workload and adapt in a dynamic environment in order to meet customer demands
· Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and within a team.
· Ability to apply methodical and logical approach to problem solving
· A self-starter with a positive can-do attitude
· A willingness to embrace change and drive process improvement
· Attention to detail
· Experience of ERP systems would be advantageous
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
As a GE business, Dowty Propellers has advanced propeller systems fitted to engines from all the large turbo-prop engine suppliers. We are a world leader in the design and manufacture of carbon fibre composites blades and electronic propeller control systems. Dowty is also an EASA approved Type Certificate holder, giving us propeller design authority and responsibility for the continued airworthiness of propeller systems in-service.