GE Gas Power
Gas Power Global Supply Chain
The CNC Machine Operator – L1 will work at the Parsippany, NJ Metem a GE Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, qualify, and productivity.
As the CNC Machine Operator – L1 you will:
· Promotes a culture focused on safe machine operations and material handling procedures.
· Set-up and operate CNC machines to perform 3, 4, and 5 axis machining operations, could include conventional milling / drilling, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
· Lift work piece on table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secure work piece on machine table or in holding device.
· Select and install tooling, place tools in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on process sheet.
· Record production inspection results in computer data system.
· Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speed of machining cuts. Check program at start of each shift.
· Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using a micrometer and precision dial gauges.
· Notify supervisor if machined first piece and production parts do not conform to specifications or of machine malfunction.
· Troubleshoot production problems.
· Deburr all pieces as per specifications and good machining practice.
· Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
· Maintain company production and quality standards.
· Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
· Observe company safety rules and regulations.
· Perform, as assigned, other similar and related duties.
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Minimum of 1 year experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production or equivalent
· Ability to lift/push/pull at least 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
· Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and safety shoes
· Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
· Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
· Has strong ethical standards and integrity
· Experience in manufacturing preferred
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
· Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
· Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
· Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
· Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas
· Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision
· Has a strong belief in Metem, a GE Power business, and the exciting opportunities it is pursuing
· Basic mechanical skills needed
· Proficient shop math skills
· Basic computer skills
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
At GE's Gas Power, we're pushing the boundaries of what's possible within gas power generation to help our customers achieve the right balance between power plant performance and environmental sustainability. Our world-class portfolio of gas power systems and services utilizes the centuries of experience and has expanded across the entire plant
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).