Description de l'offre
Healthcare Global Supply Chain
Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, and reporting/documenting results of tests and measures. A Calibration Technician is responsible for coordinating all calibration activities for the product/site.
· Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of material and information
· Construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
· Perform basic trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
· Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, inter-module interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required
· Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
· Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
· Develop and execute training plans as required
· Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals
· Provide technical assistance by telephone or in person to customers, field service personnel, or suppliers
· Develop/maintain validated Standard Operating Procedures for calibration.
· Perform timely/scheduled calibrations on test equipment used in production, Research &
Development, field service, and/or vendor facilities.
· Perform unscheduled calibrations as needed to minimize equipment downtime. Assist in
reviewing equipment found out of tolerance and its effects on production.
· Develop/maintain records of resulting calibrations. Analyze results and make recommendations
regarding the need for corrective action or preventative action (CAPA).
· Review requests for calibration of new test equipment to ensure that equipment is adequate for
both the calibration and production processes. May assist in process analysis related to
measurement/calibration practices. May assist in new equipment/process validation and
· HS Diploma/GED, Electronics, Metrology or related field plus two years of mechanical and/or
electro-mechanical diagnostic/repair experience.
· Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
· Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
· Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
· Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
· Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
· Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).