Description de l'offre
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Services
The Automation Technician Helper will service and maintain Lufkin Automation equipment under the direct supervision of the Field Services leader.
In the role of Automation Technician Helper you will:
· Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical / electronic equipment
· Perform on-site installation of electrical / electronic equipment, conduit, etc.
· Use various electronic equipment and tolls including auto cranes, stud guns, etc.
· Recognize and assess a variety of well optimization issues, either on own or by calling other technical specialists
· High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
· Minimum 6 month of experience in automation, instrumentation or field service
· Obtain a Licensed Electrician (Apprentice)
· Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
· Work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
· Be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
· Lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
· Ability to safely deploy to remote geographic assignment locations – onshore and offshore locations with limited access to medical care, which may require 4 hours (or more) travel time to reach secondary level medical care
· Undergo Periodic fitness for duty tests, examinations, and/or certifications will be required for onshore/offshore remote location assignments
· To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a BHGE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record
· Electrician Apprenticeship required
· Troubleshooting skills, basic computer skills such as experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Ability to work independently Oilfield experience
· Experience working with variable speed drives, automation and instrumentation experience
· Experience working with SAP
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.