Power Power Conversion
The Assembly & Wireman role is considered a mid-career role within the business and expected to be in individual capable of reading electrical and mechanical drawings and translating that into a finished product. The Power Conversion Division provides Electrical power conversion systems for various renewables, industry, marine, and Oil & Gas apps. Typical scope includes MV & LV drives, motors, transformers, E-house, switchgear, and control as well as the associated power systems engineering.
· Willing to travel up to 25% for field work
· Assemble components onto panel following the mechanical layout with zero deficiencies
· Wire components per the electrical schematic following predefined guidelines and standards
· Capable of completing minor modifications for metal panel work like drilling and tapping
· Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university (or minimum 5 years of related industry experience)
· Knowledgeable with panel testing to ensure correct wiring of panels
· Knowledge of UL508A standards
· Willingness to learn new product
· 10 years manufacturing/assembly/wiring experience
· Panel testing experience
· VFD manufacturing/testing experience
· Familiar with testing of a wide range of drive product including AC & DC drives
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).