Individual will perform and lead embedded software development used on aircraft engines. Individual will have comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology. Requires a self-driven individual ready to tackle the daily challenges associated with a new product introduction program and deliver to meet customer commitments.
The Advanced Lead Engineer – Embedded Software role supports military programs such as Adaptive Engine Transition Program (AETP) and Improved Turbine Engine Program (ITEP). You will execute on the business goals, programs, and processes associated with aircraft engine embedded software development. Individual will generate software requirements, model / code design integrated with other systems, robust testing and software tool development and integration for the embedded engine control and analytics software.
As a Advanced Embedded Software Engineer, you will help to define and improve processes and templates to ensure compliant and efficient software design.
As part of the Advanced Software Organization, you will help develop the future of the next generation of military aircraft engines. In the Advanced Embedded Software Engineer role, you will utilize your comprehensive education, experience and knowledge to solve problems, develop and execute program and department objectives, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Additionally, as the Advanced Lead Engineer – Embedded Software, Key responsibilities will include:
· Develop and maintain software requirements and designs for software, components, systems, and communication networks
· Design, implement, and test real-time embedded software, ensuring requirements and quality specifications are met
· Participate actively in design and code reviews
· Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project and mentoring to less experienced engineers
· Document technical data generated for assigned projects / tasks, consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Provide timely communication to leadership and team members on significant issues or developments
· Provide input to planning and tracking to support metrics-based continuous improvement
· Interact closely with customers to analyze, clarify, and correct requirements, driving to complete customer satisfaction
· Work closely with other engineering teams, partners, and vendors to ensure inter-operability
· Drive performance, quality and reliability improvements Please Note:Work Location listed is Evendale, OH. However, this position may also be eligible at our Lynn, MA location
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college
Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Engineering position
Ability to obtain a Secret Government Clearance
Note:Work Location listed is Evendale, OH. However, this position may also be eligible at our Lynn, MA location
· 5 years of experience in an engineering role
· Experience developing real time software for embedded systems
· Experience in defining, developing and qualifying cyber-security algorithms, methodologies, and processes for embedded systems including interfaces
In-depth working knowledge of C and knowledge with other computing languages such as assembly, Perl, or Python
· Familiarity using the following tools:
RTC or Synergy / Change
and desktop simulation using NPSS
· Experience with military software qualification or with DO-178C and related commercial software certification standards for embedded software
· Experience in using digital communication protocols such as:
and/or CAN bus
· Firm understanding of structured software development processes with focus on CMMI and Model Based Development
· Knowledge of aircraft controls and digital electronic control systems
· Experience with requirements documentation and analysis
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
· Strong oral and written communication skills and organization skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Effective problem identification and solution skills
· Proven analytical and organizational ability
· Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Ability to influence others within a matrix organization and lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.