Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Entry level professional positions; includes some team leader positions. Requires good understanding of work routines and procedures. Limited independence in problem solving and decision making.
· Preparation and analysis of schedules used in reported financial statements for statutory, managerial or SEC requirements, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of reported balances
· Provide support on various R2R related projects (e.g. simplification, system changes, new policies implementation).
· Provide operational R2R support in Global Operations Finance Europe
· Consolidate balances for ledgers in Europe
· Financial analysis of balance sheet accounts and review of related business processes
· Co-ordination with business Finance stakeholders on closing activities and financial reporting routines
· Development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes that impact the financial statements, including closing, reporting and analysis.
· Support the annual pre-close reviews.
· Execute financial processes as designed, including identification of exceptions requiring escalation.
· Leverages process metrics to identify and correct transaction errors and/or control deficiencies.
· Identifies simplification and process improvement opportunities
· Monitor effectiveness of specific internal controls, including tests of effectiveness and design
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field and/or equivalent experience
· Basic understanding of US GAAP, GE GAP, Statutory, and GE procedural policies and is able to apply these in practice.
· Has a working knowledge of the financial statements accrual accounting. for recognition of an asset (future economic benefit) or a liability (probable and estimable
· Working knowledge of financial processes and linkage to financial statements.
· Able to interpret and apply standard operating procedures around financial processes and controls
· Understands key flows of Finance information required for the business and the related IT systems that manage it.
· Capable of forging strong relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues and work effectively with others
· Proven analytical skills
· Highly organised with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in English language; a second European language is a big advantage
· Skilled Excel knowledge
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .