The DBA's mission is to design, maintain, monitor and develop the databases infrastructure for the Netsize platform so that the service requirements for both customers and internal usage are met.
Netsize delivers services to companies worldwide with high requirements on uptime and throughput of the systems. This offers the database administrator a challenging and varied job with good opportunities for development.
As part of the Operations team, you will work with both MSSQL and Oracle DBAs located in France and Sweden, and therefore should be able to work mainly on MSSQL but also on Oracle.
A week in the life of
• Collaborate with R&D teams to design data structures and processes
• Develop and maintain ETLs and other DB processes
• Keep databases up and running with required performances and availability
• Monitor and analyze DB activity
• Perform operational maintenances
• Manage security
• Apply the data retention policy
• Cleanup useless data and structures to keep a clean environment
• Increase the automation level of recurrent tasks and health checks
• Ensure knowledge sharing