Description de l'offre
Our National Tax Practice is comprised of a dedicated team of tax professionals strategically positioned across the country. As a manager within the Indirect Employment Tax team, we’ll look to you to apply your knowledge to a wide range of employment tax areas and processes. You’ll be part of a team of seasoned professionals engaging with clients to produce strategic outcomes.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it’s here you’ll find everything you need to grow as we do. It’s all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. Our Indirect Employment Tax practice helps our clients plan, execute and integrate their employment tax strategies.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll likely spend much of your time engaging in client consultations and challenging the tax strategy and approach for optimal effectiveness. We’ll look to you to develop strong relationships with our clients and team effectively with internal resources while developing and coaching junior members of the team. Areas of focus include planning and compliance for mergers; acquisitions and internal reorganizations; audit defense, employment tax complex advisory, look-back reviews, process improvement; and short term business traveller analysis.
Skills and attributes for success
· Demonstrating an understanding of complex global, federal, and state employment tax concepts and effectively applying your tax knowledge to client situations
· Developing recommendations and implementation plans and make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas
· Planning and compliance for mergers, acquisitions and internal reorganization; audit defense for withholding and unemployment audits
· Providing employment tax consulting and unemployment claims administration
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience
· A minimum of 3+ years of relevant tax consulting experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
· Eligible to obtain a CPA or CPP certification within the first year of employment
· Broad exposure to unemployment state and local taxation
· Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
· MS office background and willingness to travel (up to 25%).
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field preferred; an advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable.
What we look for
We’re interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have a strong client focus, the ability to develop meaningful relationships and the ambition to deliver above and beyond expectations, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.