Tax Services Manager - Financial Services –Tax Technology and Transformation Services
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
EY’s FSOTechnology and Transformationpractice will give you the opportunity to further develop your skills while assisting our financial services clients in dealing with the operational challenges that their world class tax functions are facing today. We offer a broad array of services, including tax accounting and compliance process improvement, tax sensitization of ERP systems, automation of complex hedge fund allocations, and enhancement of tax processes and/or technology to deal with ongoing legislative and regulatory changes. You will be working with clients to improve the operational effectiveness and efficiency of their tax functions and assists them to better connect with executive management.
Your Key Responsibilities
Depending on the needs of our clients and your work experience, there are many different types of projects you could be working on; identifying ways to improve operational effectiveness in tax functions, reviewing the process and controls that are in place including technology, looking at effectiveness of the various technology systems our tax clients use to increase automation and data quality throughout tax processes, assessing the overall risk to establish a proper control environment; designing and building custom tax applications. As a manager, you would be working with leadership to run these exciting and impactful projects.
In this role, we will need you to have the ability to travel 30-80% of the time depending on home location and client projects.
Skills and attributes for Success
· Strong leadership ability, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, analytical abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Managing quality of deliverables from offshore teams (as needed) to deliver projects to time, cost and quality requirements
· Documenting technical and business requirements, including Identifying and prioritizing issues
· Have an interest and experience in improving the performance of tax functions, the demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others, and willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues
To qualify for theroleyou must have
· A bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of relevant work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 1-2 years of relevant work experience
· Exposure to the financial services industry, accounting/finance/tax, tax or finance performance improvement, tax software development and/or implementation
· CPA, JD, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt and/or Project Management Professional “PMP” or the ability to get one of these certifications within 1 year from when you join EY
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Knowledge in implementing tax technology solutions (e.g.,CorpTax, ONESOURCE,Sabrix, Vertex, SharePoint, PFI, RPA software)
· Embedding tax requirements into financial/business systems and processes (e.g., Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, PAM, Investran)
· Developing and implementing custom applications (e.g., Visual Studio, VBA/VSTO, SQL Server, MSPowerBISuite)
What we look for
We are looking for individuals that are proactive and self-motivated who have a willingness to learn new skills and approaches to challenges that our clients are facing in today’s climate. You will need to be an analytical thinker and problem solver whohas the ability tocome up with innovative solutions.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.