From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Staff, you will be a professional member of Assurancepractice. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assurance Staff you willdeliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
· Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the team.
· Clearly and accurately document the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the
· Engagement objectives, client's engagement history, and planned audit approach. Challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques.
· Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment.
· Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests, and develop/maintain productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay informed of current business/economic developments relevant to the client's business.
· Develop people through teamwork, integrity, and leadership. Collaborate with team members to set goals and responsibilities.
· Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views. Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Bring potential opportunities to the team's attention. Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY's knowledge and services.
To qualify for the role you must have
· An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, and/or an undergraduate or graduate degree
· Successfully passed CPA, CA examination
· A minimum of 1 year of experience as an auditor
· advanced written and verbal communication skills
· a strong dedication to teamwork
· integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
· The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
· Ability to speak, read, and write in French is preferred.
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture-built on high-performance teaming-where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work andwith a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today .
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.