If you are a sales leader with a strong background in technology sales, this could be the right role for you.
This is a leadership role, guiding clients and account teams to the right EY Solutions that support their technology transformation journey. We’ll look to you to provide them with a unique perspective on how they must continue to innovate with EY technologies and services. Most of your time will be spent embedded with our account teams and clients as you drive the best of our portfolio to market.
The UK&I Business Development Transformation Architect is primarily responsible for the implementation and execution of the UKI Solutions strategy, working closely with the UK&I Solutions, Alliances and Managed Services Leader. You will also support the broader Business Development efforts of the Advisory practice, working with the Advisory Markets Lead Partner.
With a broad understanding of the full lifecycle of our clients’ business, EY has the knowledge and experience to integrate technology where it makes the most impact and transformation. EY’s solutions offer a balance of business, technology, and strategy. EY works with high profile clients across the region, working to solve some of their most challenging issues. As our practice continues to grow quickly, EY is actively investing in the latest technology and talent. This is the perfect time to join and make your mark on significant cloud projects across a wide variety of industries, platforms, and technologies.
Your key responsibilities
• Supporting the development of a structured go-to-market plan that aligns to current and emerging components of Advisory and Solutions strategy
• Understanding client needs and value drivers to enhance new business origination, build a personal pipeline of opportunities and establish connections to relevant expertise within the Firm
• Leveraging thought leadership and develop relevant talk tracks for clients that highlight outcomes that we delivered / risks that we have mitigated for similar organisations
• Coaching colleagues across the spectrum of go-to-market activity, building their confidence and skill set
• Becoming personally proficient in a selected number of Solutions and offerings to engage with and add value to clients and prospects alike
• Developing a personal brand as a trusted business advisor
• Proactively sharing experiences and best practice with the wider business development community
• Working with the Advisory Markets Lead to drive the business against specific commercial KPIs including
• Meeting activity and pipeline generation
• A rolling view of top-10 must win deals (working with teams to ensure we maximise our chances of success); and a clear assessment of overall pipeline health in line with our five-year growth ambition
• Supporting SAM Leader to define and execute the Solutions strategy, aligned with UK&I BD and Market priorities
• Leveraging relationships across the Service Lines and Sectors to enable teaming
• Instilling Exceptional Client Service Principles into the end-to-end Business Development process
Skills and attributes for success
• Significant business development experience, ideally in the professional services arena
• Unparalleled communication style as well as demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
• Experience of working with formal tendering processes and procedures
• Extensive experience of working on large, complex deals and leading teams on those deals
• Team responsibilities, particularly in large, complex organisations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Planning, time management and organisational skills
• Strong working knowledge of a professional services organization
• Executive presence, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Exposure to senior leaders, both internal and external, displaying examples of needs assessment and a focus on mutually beneficial solutions
• Extensive Business Development experience with a background in Technology sales
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Qualifications or accreditations in a technology field is a plus
• Previous experience working with and selling services based on Microsoft Technologies (such as Dynamics)
• A recent sales background driving a personal target of over $10mm
• Experience operating in an account driven environment
• Personal technical credibility, through direct experience of leading and inspiring teams (directly or indirectly) on key technologies and best practices
• Engagement with Enterprise customers across multiple countries and industries in a broader region responsibility.
• Expert ability to team with and influence partners to formulate the best strategy to serve the client
• Familiarity with EY's service offerings, sales/pursuit methodologies, tools and enablers
• Deep knowledge of ongoing market trends, issues and intelligence that create opportunities for Business development
• Strong external market presence underpinned by social media activity, external event speaking
• The ability to travel to other sites on an ad-hoc basis
What we look for
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values.
We are looking for a driven, organised, conscientious and analytical individual with proven leadership skills working with demanding and senior stakeholders within an ever-changing environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.