The Production Services Lead will play an integral and wide-ranging role in the delivery of the support services provided to the ServiceNow User Community.
· The Production Services Lead should have deep techno-functional experience in one or more of the ServiceNow functional areas.
· This experience should include specific and detailed knowledge of configuration in ServiceNow, gained through both program implementation and support, and the technical integration of ServiceNow with other applications, including data transfer and interface management via middleware solutions.
· This position will have full responsibility for the managing from a day-to-day operational support perspective the Service Now platform for the EWT component within the firm.
· They must work closely with the IT Services Portfolio Service Delivery teams, where there are incidents involving applications which are dependent or impacted by the ServiceNow solution. As such, the Production Services Lead will take the lead role in the restoration of service and investigation of incidents with of critical or high priority and must ensure that specific actions are agreed and undertaken to determine the root cause and then deliver the relevant fix safely and without impact on the production environment.
· The Production Services Lead will work closely with the Service Delivery Manager regarding service performance for their own functional area and ticket processing, agreeing action plans with the team, as required, to help prioritize incident and develop plans for the delivery of service requests, maintenance requests.
Essential Functions of the Job :
· Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms.
· Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration vs. defect)
· Liaison with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
· Installation of applications in supported environments.
· Deployment of application upgrades and fixes
· Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems
· Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications
· Management of the various SN environments utilized for the SAFe Agile teams – refreshing; assignment; monitoring performance.
· Management of the middle layer environment utilized in the support of Service Now.
· Work with Service Now vendor to coordinate performance reviews of the cloud based product
· Budget management of license, hosting, and services provided by this organization.
· Review and report on the budget vs spend in the Operations space for this business Unit.
· Analysis of the aging content and suggest mechanisms to remove aged data
· Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
· Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
· Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls in a timely fashion.
· Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
· Ensure both on site and on call support for coverage worldwide. - Responding to alerts on application related failures or system issues. Being part of 24x7 on call support team in rotation.
· Manage the team of Production Support analysts located in various locations.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
· Service Now Product Knowledge
· Knowledge and experience deploying on the Service Now Platform
· Knowledge and experience with Cloud Platform/Integration(API ,XML,ODATA,XSLT Mapping) and Integration Center/Services
· Capable of developing and debugging source code on integration languages such as XML, JAVA and ABAP.
· Knowledge about communication technologies: FTP, Web Services, JDBC, etc.
· Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
· Excellent people skills.
· Good understanding of the ITIL Change and Configuration processes.
· Basic awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions.
· Experience in working as part of a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
· Preferred experience on infrastructure technologies (Network, Virtual and physical environments, Databases, storage, monitoring) supporting Service Now
· Proactive abilities to minimize incidents on the environments and understanding of short and long term operational strategy
· Experience working in an Operational environment.
· Supervisory skills or Project experience.
Suggested Technical Certification
· Service Now Certification
· The incumbent should meet regularly with the process manager and process SME to maintain alignment of purpose and direction. Due to the geographical dispersion, this role requires the ability to think quickly and make sounds decisions without constant supervision.
· Actively participate in the firms’ performance management and development process co-developing Annual Plans with appointed counsellor.
· Provide advice and guidance to colleagues where required.
· Lead work-streams on specific tools or product reviews used across teams
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
· Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
· Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
· Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
· Flexibility and ability to work virtually across global time zone
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Further or Higher education standard qualification.
· Fluent in English language, written and verbal
· Other key languages as required
· 9+ years of overall IT Experience
· 5 years managing operation support for Service Now
· 7 years’ experience in Operational / Service Management role.
· 2 years of proven experience supporting end users.
· 2 years of proven experience on infrastructure support