Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We leverage technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the most affordable possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The overall purpose of the Portfolio Management Analyst role is to support the Portfolio Management function within Enterprise Technology. Portfolio Management is a relatively new sub-component of the overall Business Management function within OCIO. The team drives Portfolio Management strategy, develops and deploys common processes and serves to align all portfolio activity in ET into a single, unified, management approach. The ET Portfolio Management Analyst works closely with the Portfolio Management Lead and are responsible for establishing unified standards, coordinating common processes, driving consistency and monitoring investment and operated portfolio operations across the ET domains. Key areas of focus include establishing governance of a large portfolio of projects – pipeline and project heath meetings, consolidated reporting and metrics. You will work with senior leaders across multiple service lines, PMO/BMO functions and EY Technology. Primarily, you will support the central Portfolio Management strategy as it pertains to instilling discipline and rigor across the ET domains.
Your key responsibilities
· Partner with the Business Management and Service Delivery personnel to understand their portfolio, business strategy, prioritization, etc. to facilitate consistent service delivery to our customer.
· Coordinate activities across ET to facilitate:
· Customer request reporting and monitoring from initial request through demand management and for approved concepts to program/project delivery
· Assessments and improvements to the health of programs/projects
· Assessments and improvements to the effectiveness of portfolio management and demand management processes
· Service Delivery function FY Plan and outlook principles, processes, roles/responsibilities etc
· Identifying, defining, developing and implementing improvements to project/financial reporting and monitoring processes and procedures
· Tool requirements for delivering project/financial reporting and monitoring
· Provide executive visibility to project, program, portfolio and functional level status, issues, risks, costs, etc.
· Provide information to BMO/PMO so demand, financials, service and project delivery can be aggregated to the enterprise level
· Produce integrated life cycle dashboard reports at the function, portfolio and sub-portfolio levels to show for example demand requests, budget v actual v projected spend, program/project delivery
· Monitor people process and technology within the Service Delivery function.
· Identify and deliver actions to improve the quality of service delivery based on monitoring and reporting activities and management information
· Work with service delivery teams to manage the functional and portfolio pipeline
· Work with service delivery teams to drive data accuracy
· Financial management
· Oversee FY Plan and Outlook activities
· Monitor and report on actual and projected spend to ensure function operates within FY Plan/Outlook – function, portfolio and program/project levels.
· Monitor and report on program/project financials to ensure project managers are managing financials in accordance with sound financial principles and recommend corrective actions
· Drive the implementation and embedding of process, methods and best practice into service delivery activities for the function, including project management, financial management, resource management, etc.
· Drive improvements in consistency, effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery processes and tools
· Drive best practice through the champion networks and knowledge coordination
· Project Management
· Conduct program/project health checks to help assure program/project delivery including for example artifact, gate reviews, and monitoring for delivery to scope, time and cost
· Work with the global resource and vendor management teams on staff requirements and reporting.
· Work with the service delivery teams to prioritize customer demand, both within a portfolio and across the function.
· Provide oversight to people processes including PMDP, functional alignment, etc.
· Along with People Team, maintain role standardization ensuring alignment with competency programs and career development programs
· Improve communications, content and transparency of information with key customers
· Work with function and service delivery leaders to implement ongoing communication method to entire team
Skills and attributes for success
· End to end understanding of IT life cycle (pipeline, resource, demand, project delivery, financial)
· Experience in end-to-end financial management – plan, forecast, actual – function, portfolio and program/project levels
· Very good understanding of service delivery related key performance indicators
· Business Analytic skills
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
· Customer orientation and responsiveness
· Outstanding self-management, influence management, information presentation and interpersonal, communication
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
· Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills – able to effectively manage and influence all levels of management
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Ability to learn quickly and work in a high pace, agile environment
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities effectively
Ideally, you’ll also have
· High degree of experience in all Microsoft Office products (i.e.: PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc)
· Proven Power BI reporting experience
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.