Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
This position grows and oversees the Design COE Team, which is responsible for consulting and guiding all learning content design and development projects. Also acts as a strategic consultant, collaborating with SL and Americas Learning Leaders and business stakeholders to create business cases and high-level blueprints for learning solutions aligned with business goals. Individuals in this role define “blueprints” collaboratively with internal clients for what kinds of learning solutions support their business strategy. Individuals in this role provide innovative ideas and advice to clients and other stakeholders about learning methods, modalities, audiences and content that support business requirements. This individual will be relied on as a learning thought leader and influencer related to business consulting across the organization.
· Leads, inspires and coaches the Design COE Team to deliver high quality, evidenced based learning solutions with impact for our people and the business
Learning Strategy and Business Planning:
· Leads the development of a learning delivery model, determining the most effective standards, practices, course types, modalities, and delivery mechanisms for producing engaging and relevant learning solutions
· Develops a roadmap for learning solutions which delivers against defined learning capability objectives for the whole learning organization
· Creates comprehensive, scalable plans with high level learning solutions and translates plans into a pragmatic, executable multi-year learning roadmap
· Establishes cost benefit and ROI measures with Americas Learning leadership team
· Benchmarks competitors and external thought leaders for new ideas and best practices
Business Requirements Definition:
· Collaborates with internal clients to specify business requirements that drive learning needs;
· Translates business requirements into potential learning needs and provides practical advice for defining learning solutions (e.g., target audiences, required skills and levels of competence, delivery logistics and timing, cost and impact tradeoffs)
Learning Project/Program “Blueprint” Development:
· Captures, documents and presents a high-level design of learning solutions to clients, addressing approach rationale, payoff, and delivery process and modes
· Conducts a consulting process to gain buy-in and sign off on the learning solutions approaches
· Collaborates with and influences key stakeholders on overall architecture of a learning model and process
· Develops, maintains and leverages relationships with key stakeholders to influence design standards, tools and processes and to facilitate collaboration and effectively share knowledge, technology and resources
· Utilizes proven knowledge of vendor landscape, best practices, tools and technology to research and evaluate options to support learning strategy
· Represents Americas Learning externally on thought leadership in learning design, sustaining a network of relationships with leading external learning providers (e.g., academics, consultants, learning professionals of leading companies)
· Builds internal networks to access expertise and relationships with other business unit or functional leaders and to leverage functional area of knowledge throughout the firm
· Captures and supports sharing of best practices, emerging practices and established solutions (leverages existing concepts and solutions, where applicable)
· Drives the adoption of a common learning content design and development methodology across the matrix of stakeholders to avoid redundancy
To qualify, candidates must have:
· An advanced degree or equivalent work experience
· Approximately 10-15 years related work experience preferably in large matrix organizations: this includes deep expertise and experience in the design and development of a broad portfolio of innovative learning solutions
· Experience with design standards and quality metrics; solid understanding of and demonstrated skills related to all phases of the instructional systems design.
· Client Service Mindset: Maintains responsiveness to clients and key stakeholders by consistently responding to their needs and interests
· Process Capabilities Collaboratively creates and provides advice about a business case for learning solutions tailored to key client need and opportunities
· Sustainability: Creates a change implementation plan including metrics, feedback, and improvement strategies for integration into normative learning practices
· Business Acumen: Focuses activities and decisions on opportunities that produce significant, strategic business impact (for the learner, Americas Learning, EY, service lines and business functions)
· Business Requirements Analysis: Collaborates with business partners to identify and specify high-impact needs or targets for learning projects or programs
· Consulting and Advisory Skills: Provides appropriate analysis, advice, and support to maximize planning and decision-making for learning solutions that support business objectives
· Learning Needs Assessment: Identifies and documents key learning requirements and methods, specified target audiences, organizational limitations and opportunities, external landscape data and key client business needs addressed
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.