EY has established legal practices throughout most major centers across the globe. In Australia, Law is a fast growing practice. That means opportunities for our people every day – and a need for talented, ambitious professionals to join us now and fuel our growth tomorrow.
The employment law team is seeking to hire an employment lawyer with 2 - 6 years’ experience to join an expanding busy team on national and international engagements.
We are looking for an Associate with experience in employment law, industrial relations, anti-discrimination and work health safety. Our ideal candidate would be commercially astute and have strong technical skills, strong inter-personal and communication skills, excellent attention to detail and can work autonomously when needed.
Your key responsibilities
The type of work that the lawyer will be doing will include (but not be limited to):
· Providing high quality advice to internal and external clients (both in Australia and internationally);
· Drafting employment policies, the full suite of employment contracts, related assignment letters and documentation;
· Reviewing and interpreting legislation and industrial instruments and conducting BOOT analysis for compliance projects and EBA drafting;
· Advising on the employment law aspects of mergers and acquisitions and restructures including undertaking employment law due diligence.
· Advising and representing clients in relation to employee claims such as general protection and unfair dismissal claims
Skills and attributes for success
· Commercial astuteness
· Strong technical skills
· Keen attention to detail
· Natural relationship building and inter-personal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· A positive approach and a can do attitude
To qualify for the role you must have the following
· Experience in an Australian top-tier, mid-tier, boutique employment law firm or Big 4 legal practice
· The ability to run matters with limited supervision, but with ultimate partner sign off
· A detailed understanding and demonstrative knowledge of employment law
· Excellent client facing skills and strong commercial acumen
· Experience in working as part of a team, with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
What we look for
In addition a willingness to co-ordinate and work together with the other teams of EY international is essential. EY is a global professional services firm and most of our work involves working together with various other professional teams in various locations.
About EY’s Law Practice
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which includes offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 2000 lawyers across 80 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY’s international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost effective service.
We work closely with our Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. With our commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
© 2018 Ernst & Young, Australia. All Rights Reserved.