EY Law has more than 2,500 lawyers in 85 jurisdictions. In 2018, we acquired two of the leading providers of alternative legal services in the sector, adding a further 1,000 people to support our 2,500 lawyers.
EY Law is a fast growing, dynamic and integrated part of EY. That means opportunities for our people every day - and a need for talented, flexible, ambitious professionals to join us to fuel our growth tomorrow. Become part of a client facing, cohesive and expanding team and develop your career within a global organisation looking to disrupt the legal market.
We are currently seeking a junior (1-3 PQE) Commercial Lawyer to join our FS Law team within EY Law in London. The role is client facing and will report to a Manager or Senior Manager in the FS Law team.
The FS Law team is part of our wider EY Law practice. It focusses on regulatory transformation and compliance affecting the financial services sector. We integrate fully within EY, both in the UK and globally, and leverage the existing growth platforms that EY already has, with their extensive list of clients, resources and global presence.
We work across all financial services sectors, including banking, wealth and asset management, and insurance, and with our counterparts across the global EY Law network to provide multi-jurisdictional advice.
We provide our people with a supportive, collaborative, team environment with exceptional experience and training. There will be a focus both on legal skills and, as importantly (and as one would expect from a team which is a fully integrated part of EY), there will also be a focus on helping our people fulfil their potential by developing a broader skill set.
Your Key Responsibilities
· Delivering and taking responsibility for exceptional client service, consistently producing high quality work, demonstrating technical competence and insight
· Building and maintaining relationships with clients and within EY
· Supporting with client accounts, including client care requirements and financial management, preparing proposals, participating in pitches
· Build networks and relationships internally and externally to drive the team’s and Law’s strategy
· Participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication, contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training law professionals
Skills and Attributes for Success
· A willingness to embrace a new challenge, in a non-traditional legal services environment;
· A dedication to client service and innovation;
· Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player;
· Excellent time management skills.
To qualify for the role, you will ideally have
· 1-3 years PQE;
· Experience working in a leading UK City or Regional law firm or equivalent professional services firm;
· Practical experience within the financial services industry (either through secondments, working in-house or prior career);
Please note, the PQE levels indicated are offered as a guide only and we would welcome applications from all candidates who demonstrate the necessary skills to succeed.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Good experience of a wide range of commercial contracts e.g. supply, distribution, services, manufacture, franchise, agency, IT / BPO outsourcing, fintech contracts, digital/tech law contracts;
· Intra-group contracting arrangements (particularly in the context of group transfer pricing arrangements; an understanding of transfer pricing rules would be beneficial);
· Experience providing transaction support both M&A and corporate reorganisation (i.e., legal project management, transaction due diligence, transitional services agreements etc.);
· Large scale contract review/novation projects and project management skills;
· FS sector experience, specifically banking, wealth & asset management and/or insurance sectors.
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious, driven professionals who want a challenging and stimulating career. For further information please visit our careers micrositehere .
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.