Business Impact Analysis Facilitator – Associate
The Business Impact Analysis (BIA) Facilitator is responsible for the creation of new Business Impact Analysis documents through to completion and signoff, using established policies and procedures. He/she will also work on the ongoing cycle of periodic refresh and signoff of existing BIA documents, ensuring compliance with established standards and policies.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Undertake new BIA’s working with stakeholders to get them completed in the expected timescale and in compliance with policy and procedures
· Complete a regular cycle of “business as usual” tasks of periodic refreshes of BIA’s
· Work with already established contacts within the IT services organization and wider firm to enable completion of BIA’s to established standards.
· Field queries and questions related to the completion of BIA’s and subsequent actions.
· Assist with education and awareness sessions and/or individual training to enable stakeholders to effectively complete BIA’s
· Liaise with team members globally to ensure that the team operates seamlessly across locations and time zones.
· Be a visible and proactive member of the team.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· The post holder will be required to work to existing policies and procedures and to handle exceptions to those policies with the agreement of the team leader.
· The post holder will be required to use existing precedents and procedures as a guide when making decisions,(for example, on the criticality of a process or system based on similar examples in other geographic locations), but may be expected to review this with an appropriate member of the management team before final signoff
· Strong understanding of key performance indicators relevant to the role
· Demonstrated skills in efficiently implementing agreed roadmaps and managing a work stream
· Able to work independently but with some supervision as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Flexibility to balance multiple work streams and adjust to change
· Ability to work and team with a colleagues at different levels and locations
· Ability to understand when to escalate to deal with potentially difficult situations
· Ability to understand and follow established policies and procedures
· A methodical and detailed approach
· Exposure to various reporting tools will be advantageous.
· From time to time, work outside of normal office hours will be required to meet the demands of the globally based team and internal clients
· A limited (less than 5%) amount of regional travel may be required.
· Education to senior level (equivalent to US Senior High School or UK “A” level) is required. Education to degree level would be advantageous, but is not mandatory
· Good written and spoken English is required
· Some exposure to MS excel, reporting is required.
· None required, but knowledge of and the ability to work towards professional certification would be advantageous